[cc-community] digital vs. physical distribution rights

Ocetalo zelus.et.radix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:30:40 EST 2008

(Sorry, I had some newcomer-related problems with using mailing list
so I couldn't reply to those who kindly replied my thread. I'm posting
again)

Greetings

I want to license my works, currently in digital format, under CC.
Now, I can think of two ways of distributing that apply for printable
works such as text and images:

1st. Choice: Allowing non commercial, free distribution of one's works
to anybody in any medium, be it tangible or intangible, no author's
permission
required under certain conditions. That's a kind of distribution CC
comprises as far as I've understood.

2nd. Choice: Allowing non commercial, free distribution as long as
one's works remain intangible, I mean, in digital formats. Printing,
publishing, displaying or
distributing on paper or any other tangible, non digital medium is not
allowed without the author's express permission. Are there any
Creative Commons licenses
allowing to pick this choice?

Let's discuss this issue, pros and cons. Thanks in advance and God bless you.
you.