[cc-community] planet.creativecommons.org

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Sun May 14 00:10:40 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 13:19 -0400, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> It would be great to have a "planet" aggregating creativecommons-related
> blog posts from around the Internet. I'm thinking in particular of the
> creativecommons.org and creativecommons.ca blogs, but I think some of
> the other iCommons sites have blogs, and it would be cool to aggregate
> them.

Did you check http://planet.creativecommons.org? :)

I put it up almost two years ago as an experiment, but has not been
publicized or maintained since.

Also http://planet.creativecommons.org/content/

If anyone wants to send me an updated subscription list for either I'll
install them.

Here's what I've got now:

[http://creativecommons.org/weblog/rss]
name = CC Weblog

[http://creativecommons.org/press/rss]
name = CC Press

[http://creativecommons.org/press-releases/rss]
name = CC Press Releases

[http://za.creativecommons.org/blog/wp-feed.php]
name = CC South Africa

[http://nl.creativecommons.org/nieuws/wp-feed.php]
name = CC Netherlands

[http://www.creativecommons.jp/blogged/index.rdf]
name = CC Japan

[http://www.creativecommons.cn/ccblog/atom.xml]
name = CC China

[http://creativecommons.it/news/wp-rss2.php]
name = CC Italy

[http://www.creativecommons.ca/blog/feed/rss2/]
name = CC Canada

and for "content":
[http://commoncontent.org/rss/newest.cgi]
name = Common Content

[http://www.archive.org/services/collection-rss.php?licensed_only=1]
name = Internet Archive

[http://dmusic.com/feeds/cc_licensed.rss]
name = DMusic

[http://forums.magnatune.com/read/rss?forum=all-magnatune-releases&rev=0.92]
name = Magnatune

For that matter I suppose these could be maintained on the wiki.

> The "planet" software seems pretty easy to assemble, see:
>
>         http://www.planetplanet.org/
>
> It would also be cool to see the personal blogs of CC people; I already
> read Mike Linksvayer's and Lawrence Lessig's, but it'd be great to have
> them all in one big page. I haven't looked too closely at the planet
> software, but I bet there's a way to highlight "personal" rather than
> "official" pages.

I'd rather not aggregate personal blogs on *.creativecommons.org,
certainly not mine.  Feel free to set up freecultureplanet.org or
similar to do so.

--
  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer