[BitTorrent] Re: Some complement about Tracker-tracker communication

guanying_wang guanying_wang at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Feb 21 05:47:31 EST 2005

--- In BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com, Justin Cormack <justin at s...> wrote:

> This is a bit surprising to me as the limiting factor, how many
connections
> are we talking about? And doesnt UDP tracker solve this by being
> connectionless? Or are there other problems with udp, or is it just not
> widely used?
>
> Justin

I personally think it's just not widely deployed. udp tracker
extension is really good for reducing bandwidth consuming.

Actually quite a few flaws in current BitTorrent protocol,  why don't
we just move on to designing a wholly new protocol?

> It doesnt make much difference whether you use Merkle tree or info
hash,
> they are the same size.

Thank you for pointing out the mistake. I checked BitTorrent protocol
today, and find out the same thing :)

Guanying