[BL] Specific N.I.C. and sound drivers for BL3-50?

baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org
Thu Dec 6 19:22:24 EST 2007

>> 2) The sound card is a built-in computer component which registers as
>> a 'Crystal PnP Audio System MPU-401 Compatible' in Windows 98.

> If you get a list of messages [when you insmod cs4232[, you need some
> other module before cs4232:

For my onboard (DELL) Crystal sound, which is cs4236 chip:

insmod soundcore
[For kernel 2.2.16 insmod soundlow]
insmod sound
insmod uart401
insmod ad1848
insmod cs4232 io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=5 mpu_io=0x330
[The mpu_io is optional, only if you use external midi]
insmod opl3 io=0x388 [only if you want synthesized midi]

For kernel 2.2.26 without external or synthesized midi (use the BL
timidity package instead):

insmod soundcore
insmod sound
insmod uart401
insmod ad1848
insmod cs4232 io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=5

I made a script called cs-on with the above lines in it, put it on the
path (/usr/local/bin would work) and chmod +x cs-on.  If you plan to use
sound a lot put the lines in rc instead to load sound modules at boot
time.

Sindi