[b-hebrew] Ecc 9:14

Pere Porta pporta7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 07:06:46 EDT 2013

Dear b-hebrew listers,

concerning Ecc 9:14.
I think that the scenary descripton the author offers us in this verse is
something imagined...  not real.
Namely,
1. Is it logical that a GREAT king makes an attack on a LITTLE town?
2. Is it logical that this king builds BIG works of war round about al
LITTLE town?

 Is this a good reason to think that it is an imagined scenario and not a
real one?

Pere Porta

2013/7/11 George Athas <George.Athas at moore.edu.au>

>   Hi everyone!
>
> A new ceramic inscription from Jerusalem has been discovered, purportedly
> dating to the tenth century BC. The epigrapher, Shmuel Ahituv, considers it
> Proto-Canaanite, and therefore not Hebrew, and reads it from left-to-right.
> I'm not so convinced. You can read my thoughts here:
>

> http://withmeagrepowers.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/a-new-ceramic-inscription-from-jerusalem
> /
>
> I'd be interested in whether others thought this was Hebrew or not.
> There's not much to go on, but thoughts are appreciated (either here or on
> my blog). Note, this inscription is in the old script, not the square
> Aramaic script.
>

> *GEORGE ATHAS*
> *Dean of Research,*
> *Moore Theological College *(moore.edu.au)
> *Sydney, Australia*

Pere Porta