[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring'

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Tue Jul 9 08:59:50 EDT 2013

Seems to me that the -TIY attachment is a contracted אתי ATIY,
a variant of אני ANIY, 'I', preserved only in compounds. There is
also an אכי AKIY, preserved in אנוכי ANOKIY. Corresponding to
אתה ATAH we have אכה AKAH, preserved as an attachment
in שלך $EL-KAH, 'yours', for male. Corresponding to את AT we
have אך AK preserved in שלך $EL-AK, 'yours', for female.

Isaac Fried, Boston University