[b-hebrew] כדרלעומר KDARLAOMER

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sun Aug 18 17:01:03 EDT 2013

The name is possible the combination KDAR-LA-OMER, with KDR being a
variant of
GDR, XDR, X$R, KDR, KTR, QDR, Q$R
גדר חדר חשר כדר כתר קדר קשר
of the common meaning of 'wrap around, enclose, encircle'. Indeed,
 From GDR we have GADER, 'fence, wall', as in Nu. 22:24.
 From XDR we have XEDER, 'room, chamber, court', as in 1Ki 20:30.
 From X$R we have חשרה XA$RAH, 'envelope', as in 2Sam. 22:12, and
XI$UR,
as in 1Ki 7:33.
 From KDR we have KADUR?, 'ball, sphere?', as in Is. 29:3.
 From KTR we have KETER, 'crown', as in Ester 2:17.
 From QDR we have QADRUT, 'covering', as in Is. 50:3.
Also QDORANIYT, 'stooped', as in Mal. 3:14.
Also the post biblical קדרה QDERAH, 'crowned dish'.
 From Q$R we have QI$UR, 'wrapping', as in Is. 3:20.

Omer עומר (such as AMIYR) or אומר such as (AMIYR) is 'lofty'.

Hence KDARLAOMER is the crown prince, or crown emir, כתר-ל-אמיר.

Isaac Fried, Boston University