[b-hebrew] takliyth

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Mon Nov 5 20:14:43 EST 2012

1. As I understand it what you are saying is this: The "prefix" TA-
is merely a meaningless bark, a kind of an abrupt rap one may use to
playfully scare a child. The purpose of this pre-articulated TA-, you
are saying, is to "turn" the root (or cluster of radical letters) KL,
followed the meaningless brief shriek IYT, into an "abstract" noun.
It is a perfect explanation, except that I don't believe that the
Hebrew language is made up of barks and shrieks.

2. It appears to me that the root is antecedent to the meaning of the
word.

Isaac Fried, Boston University