[b-hebrew] Takliyth

Mike Burke michaelgburk at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 22:19:48 EST 2012

mature, to reach the end design." This is NOT the idea of moral and ethical
perfection. Only YHWH has that. Thus, "perfect = mature" in which the hatred
that one has is not based on emotion only, but based on reason. It is a
controlled, other-centered, hence, mature.<<<<

Thank you.

If "mature" is part of the meaning of the word, I can better understand what Augustine was thinking here.

What is, 'with a mature hatred'? I hated in them their iniquities, I
loved Your creation. This it is to hate with a mature hatred, that
neither on account of the vices thou hate the men, nor on account of the men love the vices.

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/1801139.htm

That makes sense.

Thank you very much.

The idea of "perfection" comes in as the idea of "complete,
mature, to reach the end design." This is NOT the idea of moral and ethical
perfection. Only YHWH has that. Thus, "perfect = mature" in which the hatred
that one has is not based on emotion only, but based on reason. It is a
controlled, other-centered, hence, mature.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III