[b-hebrew] Ecc 9:12

George Athas George.Athas at moore.edu.au
Tue Mar 27 21:48:50 EDT 2012

I'd argue that stock markets were not within the original thought processes of Qoheleth, so the text cannot be talking about a stock market crash. But then, I am a pedant, and would still see this as a valid modern-day appropriation of Qoheleth's point. :P

Perhaps he was thinking about a Stoic market crash?

GEORGE ATHAS
Director of Postgraduate Studies,
Sydney, Australia