[b-hebrew] Miqdash

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sun Feb 5 17:46:37 EST 2012

1. The whole verse appears to me a latter refrain to the song sang in
the temple, with MIKDA$ ADONAI KONNU YADEYKA transported from
somewhere else.

2. It is, indeed, a theoretically interesting question why the dagesh
could not wait for the D, and instead hastened to settle himself in
the Q. But on the practical "phonological" and "morphological" levels
it does not matter one little bit where the dagesh is located, if at
all. one may remove the dagesh and nothing will change --- no one
will miss it. In fact, latter-day "massorates" are good at doing just
that.

Isaac Fried, Boston University