[b-hebrew] song 1:7

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 10:28:18 EST 2012

Nir:

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Nir cohen - Prof. Mat. <nir at ccet.ufrn.br>wrote:

>  > >>> Do you have other examples of where the plural of a feminine noun
> ending> in a -H has the plural form
> ending in -NYWT? Where are they found in Tanakh?

I know of none, that’s why I asked the question when the claim was
apparently made.

> *
> *
>>
>> > it is the normal way for a feminine noun ending in a -YH to become
>> -YWT. and
>> > if the last letter in N, so -NYH becomes -NYWT
>

> > That was not my question. Are there other examples where a N was not the
> final letter before the H, but inserted to make a -NYWT ending?
>
> but then no BH word follows the pattern you are looking for,
> not even BYRNYT --> BYRNYWT where the N is already in the singular.
> as opposed to BYRH --> BYRWT.

That’s why I understand that the two times BRNYWT is found in contexts that
indicate that these are plural nouns, that they indicate that the singular
noun BRNYH was in BH. This is a pattern that is found in Tanakh.

> nir cohen

Karl W. Randolph.