[b-hebrew] Idiomatic phrases

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:34:34 EDT 2011

George:

The most common one I can think of is אבד )BD, to be(come) lost, often used
as a euphemism for to die in the same manner as we use “to pass away”.

Another is לון על to lodge a complaint, from the verb לון to lodge,
generally referring to a temporary stay such as overnight or a few days
though can be longer Pr 15:31, used of fat of sacrifices Ex 23:18, 34:25,
strength Job 41:14 (22)

I noticed a few others, but I don’t remember them off the top of my head.

Karl W. Randolph.