[b-hebrew] The Names "Abram" and "Abraham"

Will Parsons wbparsons at alum.mit.edu
Sun Sep 18 17:23:00 EDT 2011

Hi Jim,

This is more of an acknowledgement than a response, as I don't have time to
make a fuller response, and this thread is closing shortly.  Anyway, I think
I've already stated my objections to your analysis of "Abraham", so in closing
I'd like to say that I actually share your doubt that "Abraham" is just a
lengthened form of "Abram"; I just don't think that the answer lies in the
name "Abraham" containing within it the name of the Egyptian god "Re".

--
Will Parsons