[b-hebrew] What MASORAH did the MASORATES follow?

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Tue Apr 26 08:12:15 EDT 2011

The reason hinges on the answer as to why there is no dagesh in the
second B of BI-LBABO, 'in his heart', of Deut. 29:18 (yet there is a
dagesh in the B of the preceding V-HI-T-BAREK), and also on the lack
of a dagesh in the B of BI-KBODIY, 'in my glory' of Ex. 29:43 (yet
there is a dagesh in the D of the preceding V-NI-QDA$), etc.?

Isaac Fried, Boston University