[b-hebrew] Initial Consonant Clusters in Biblical Hebrew

Kevin Riley klriley at alphalink.com.au
Tue Jun 15 19:14:32 EDT 2010

Or it could be an Italian form of an old German word for Germans,
perhaps inherited from the Lombards?  It would then be cognate with not
only Tysk, but also Deutsch and a whole host of other words used to
refer to the language of Germanic people - we even have the word
'Teutonic' in English.  That is, of course, if you actually believe in
cognates being useful, otherwise it is probably just a coincidence.

Kevin Riley