[b-hebrew] Consonant versus consonant clusters

Kevin Riley klriley at alphalink.com.au
Mon Jun 14 19:06:02 EDT 2010

Jim started the discussion, and he is using "initial" to mean "syllable
initial" - which is not an unusual meaning for the term.  If the
discussion is to be only about 'word initial'  consonant clusters then
it has nothing to do with what anyone has been discussing.  It was
clarified some time ago that it was syllable initial consonant clusters
that were under consideration.  I don't believe his argument stands up,
but I don't see any point in redefining the argument to exclude what he
is talking about.

Kevin Riley