[b-hebrew] "Yahweh" occurs 6823 times in the Roman Catholic NewJerusalem Bible BUT occurs "ZERO" times in the underlying Hebrew.

Arnaud Fournet fournet.arnaud at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 25 10:31:32 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <davedonnelly1 at juno.com>
To: <b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 2:52 PM
Subject: [b-hebrew] "Yahweh" occurs 6823 times in the Roman Catholic
NewJerusalem Bible BUT occurs "ZERO" times in the underlying Hebrew.

> The title of this topic is:
>
> "Yahweh" occurs 6823 times in the Roman Catholic New Jerusalem Bible
> BUT occurs "ZERO" times in the underlying Hebrew.

[...]

> OR IS IT POSSIBLE THAT SOME EDITION OF A MASORETIC TEXT IS HIDDEN AWAY
> SOMEWHERE AND "YAHWEH" OCCURS  "6823'" TIMES IN THIS HIDDEN AWAY
> MASORETIC TEXT?
>
> Dave Donnelly
>
> P.S. Why does this issue appear to be ignored on B-Hebrew?
>
> It doesn't seem possible that the writings of the Early Greek Fathers can
> legitimately over rule the Hebrew Scriptures on this particular issue.
***

Any idea why it is 6823 times, no less no more?

When compared to the distance Earth-Moon, the total length of the Chinese
Wall, the Great Pyramid's square root of whatever plus or minus some skull
measurements...

Any concrete suggestions?

Maybe you have a preference for logarithmic scale?
There's a little touch of mathematical understanding in logarithmic scale,
don't you think? [spoiled by .xls graph menu, actually, a cause of concern
to some extent]

Maybe it has some *relevant* [sic] relationship with the height of Notre
Dame in centimeters according to page xx,yyzz of The Big Conspiracy Made
Easy (to be published soon).

I noticed the number cannot be divided by 2, 3 or 5, or 23. Strange no? This
must mean something, preferably bad I suppose. Help, somebody!

Many thanks.

Arnaud Fournet