[b-hebrew] figurative vs. literal

fred burlingame tensorpath at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 18:41:37 EST 2010

sounds good to me ...;

but in that event, we experience a long journey indeed, from:

a. concrete root meaning "elevation;" to,

b. abstract usages in strong's numbers:

i. 408 = "not;"

ii. 413 = "to;"

iii. 428 = "these."
Such abstraction tends to reinforce my conclusion that much of the language
intended for use as metaphor (in addition to literal meaning.).

regards;

fred burlingame,

p.s. ... does strong's number 408 represent a deficient usage of strong's
number 3808, לא ?