[b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?

James Spinti JSpinti at Eisenbrauns.com
Thu Apr 29 17:03:27 EDT 2010

 Karl,

A book just arrived recently that might be of interest to you:

Akkadisch in Keilschrifttexten aus Ägypten: Deskriptive Grammatik einer Interlanguage des späten zweiten vorchristlichen Jahrtausends anhand der Ramses-Briefe
by Matthias Muller
Alter Orient und Altes Testament - AOAT 373
Ugarit-Verlag, 2010
http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/MULAKKADI

Situated between Assyriology and Egyptology Matthias Müller's examination provides the reader with a detailed grammar of the Akkadian texts written by Egyptians of the late second millennium BCE which have been found outside of Egypt, mainly in the Hittite capitol Hattussa based on linguistic studies. The amount of deviations from the standard grammar of Akkadian can only be understood by the strong influence of Egyptian language spoken by the writers. This Akkado-Egyptian interlanguage is studied according to its system of writing, its phonology, morphology and syntax and supplemented by an edition of selected letters.

You should be able to find it at a library; the AOAT series is well known and carried by most academic libraries with an ANE department.

James

James Spinti
Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com