[b-hebrew] Light be made versus Let there be light.

Steve Teague cosmos at intergate.com
Fri Oct 16 13:31:04 EDT 2009

Thanks, Karl. I have read other explanations, and it is difficult for a
lightweight (or no weight at all) to know exactly what the text will
support. Hence my interest in this list. But I suspect that in some matters
there are multiple views based upon questions about the text (such as those
expressed in HALOT for bereshyth) that are difficult to choose between based
upon just the text as it is presently understood. Do you see it this way, or
do you feel that it is all pretty much cut-and-dried?