David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 07:49:22 EDT 2009

> Hi,
>
> as far as I understand Rolf's work he claims that both tense and aspect
> are cancellable. That was the whole point of his providing refined
> definitions of imperfect and perfect aspects.
>
> James Christian

Hi James,

Then you've misunderstood his work. Rolf argues that tense and aspect
(traditionally defined) cannot be the semantic (ie uncancellable)
meaning of the verbal system because each of this is cancellable.
However, his redefined notions of perfective and imperfective aspect he
asserts is the semantic (ie uncancellable) meaning of the verbal system.

Regards,
David Kummerow.