David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 06:00:17 EDT 2009

Hi James,

Well, I'd like for you to explain how it may be analysed imperfectively.
As far I take the default construal of wayyo'mer in Gen 12:1 in its
context, event time is prior to the deictic centre, thus past. The
action refers to the whole of the speech event, not some part of it, so
therefore perfective. (God said all of what he said, not part of it.)

Like I said, please explain how this verb could possibly be taken as
imperfective in its context.

Regards,
David Kummerow.