[b-hebrew] Some questions about Genesis 22

Randall Buth randallbuth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 00:46:42 EDT 2009

It is a vowel that fills an unaccented, open syllable.

IPA (Spanish)    i,   e,   a,   o,   u
could be long or short.
The long set was named
Hiriq(yud), tsere, qamats, Holem, and shuruq.

This is the QimHi, Sefardic, and pre-Tiverian system.

[The five developed from a three vowel system,
long and short, i, a, u, plus *ay, and *aw.]

Randall Buth