[b-hebrew] Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary 12.1 2009 appeared

Gerald A. Klingbeil gklingbeil at aiias.edu
Fri Apr 3 04:36:54 EDT 2009

Please excuse cross-posting

Dear colleagues,

we are happy to report that the first issue of 2009 of the peer-reviewed
/Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/ has just appeared. With this issue
we are finally up-to-date with our publication schedule. As always, we
welcome submissions and (believe it or not!) subscription requests.

Please see the official publication announcement and the included table
of contents and feel free to share it with interested colleagues.

Gerald

The Theological Seminary of the /Adventist International Institute of
Advanced Studies/ is proud to announce the publication of the first
issue of volume 12 (2009) of the /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/
(ISSN 1908--4862), formerly /Asia Adventist Seminary Studies/ (ISSN
0119--8432), a peer-refereed academic journal, focusing on biblical and
theological research. This particular issue contains an engaging mix of
biblical, hermeneutical, and theological research from international
scholars as well as a number of helpful critical book reviews. We
encourage interested scholars and institutions to subscribe either
directly or via EBSCO. The second issue of volume 12 (2009) should
appear in October/November of 2009. As always, we welcome submissions to
the journal from all interested scholars.

For editorial queries, submissions or subscription requests please contact

          Editor /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/

          AIIAS

          P.O.Box 038

          Silang, Cavite 4118

          PHILIPPINES

Or electronically:

/          editor.jaas at aiias.edu/ (Gerald A. Klingbeil, editor)

/          assoc.ed.jaas at aiias.edu /(Mathilde Frey, associate editor)

/          review.jaas at aiias.edu/ (Michael Sokupa, book review editor)

manager)

/          periodacq at aiias.edu /(Diana Park, Journal Exchanges)

The Table of Contents for /JAAS/ 12.1 (2009) includes the following:

Hannah K. Harrington (1--17)

"What is the Purpose of Ritual Ablutions in Ancient Judaism?"

James H. Park (19--35)

"Overcoming Internal Barriers: The 'Conversion' of Ananias and Peter in
Acts 9--10"

Marcus B. Witzig (37--50)

"The Great Controversy in the Buddhist World: A Suggestion for an
Adventist Approach Towards Buddhism"

Ricardo A. Gonzáles (51--72)

"Ellen G. White's Views on Church Order: The Early Years 1849--1854"

Gerald A. Klingbeil (73--92)

"Summing Up a Life's Work: Some Recent /Festschriften/ in Biblical and
Ancient Near Eastern Studies"

Thesis and Dissertation Abstracts (93--97)

Critical Book Reviews (99--110)

/Echoes of Scripture in the Letter of Paul to the Colossians, /by
Christopher A. Beetham. BINS 96. Leiden: Brill, 2008. Reviewed by
Mxolisi Michael Sokupa (99--103)

/Christianity among the Religions of the World, /by Carlos G. Martin.
Lanham: University Press of America, 2007. Reviewed by James H. Park
(103--105)

/More than Meets the Ear: Discovering the Hidden Contexts of Old
Testament Conversations/, by Victor H. Matthews. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans,
2008. Reviewed by Chantal J. Klingbeil (105--107)

/E. J. Waggoner: From the Physician of Good News to the Agent of
Division, /by Woodrow W. Whidden II. Hagerstown: Review & Herald, 2008./
/Reviewed by Aecio E. Cairus (107--110)

Subscription rates for 2009 have remained the same and are as follows:

International Annual Subscription

          Individual:           US$30.00

          Institutional:         US$45.00

Local (Philippines) Annual Subscription

          Individual:           PhP500.00

          Institutional:         PhP750.00

--

Gerald A. Klingbeil, D.Litt.

Dean of the Theological Seminary

Professor of Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies

Editor /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/

Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies

P.O.Box 038, Lalaan 1

Silang, Cavite 4118, Philippines

office: +63-46-414-4330

home: +63-46-414-4409