[b-hebrew] What Does "Sodom" Mean?

Dora Smith villandra at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 25 14:05:46 EST 2008

I missed it.

And nothing is more politically charged than the story of Sodom and
Gomorrah.  Anyone who did not want a politically charged discussion about
the story of Sodom and Gomorrah should have either refrained from writing
it, or refrained from creating religious fundamentalism in any of three
major religions.  Not possible.  I repeat, not possible to have a discussion
of Sodom and Gomorrah that is free of political motives and implications.

Now.  What specifically are you arguing that sodom means?

My guess is that if you think the word has a meaning, then the meaning
argues against a literal interpretation of teh story, and that is precisely
what has induced K. Randolph to blow up.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX
tiggernut24 at yahoo.com