[b-hebrew] Cladistics

belaga at math.u-strasbg.fr belaga at math.u-strasbg.fr
Sat Jan 5 09:23:12 EST 2008

Remaining personally uncommitted to Wellhausen's linguistic program
(the cladistics of his ideological appeal I have already discribed the
other day on this list), I could recommend the three following
articles on linguistical cladistics.

(1) Rexova, K., Frynta, D. & Zrzavy, J. Cladistic analysis of languages:
Indo-European classification based on lexicostatistical data.
Cladistics 19, 120-127 (2003).

(2) Ringe,D.,Warnow, T. & Taylor, A. IndoEuropean and computational
cladistics. Trans. Philol. Soc. 100,
59-129 (2002).

And especially:

(3) Barbrook, A. C.,Howe, C. J., Blake, N. & Robinson, P. The
phylogeny of The Canterbury Tales. Nature
394, 839 (1998).

Edward G. Belaga
Institut de Recherche en Mathématique Avancée
Universite Louis Pasteur
7, rue René Descartes, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, FRANCE
tel.: 333 90 24 02 35, FAX: 333 90 24 03 28
e-mail : edward.belaga at math.u-strasbg.fr