[b-hebrew] YHWH

John Wilking jcwilking at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 09:21:08 EST 2008

This is another/different idea.

  It appears that sometimes the Lord lays emphasis on the meaning of his name, like "then you will know that I am YHWH your God, who brought you out...from Egypt" Ex 6:7.

  There are two other passages in Isaiah that are similar to Isa, 47:8 and that emphasize the role of the speaker.

  "I am YHWH, and there is no other...." Isa. 45:5
  "I am God and there is no other...." Isa. 46:9
  "I am, and there is none besides me." Isa.47:8,10

  If the significance/meaning of his name is being pointed out in 45:5, it is parallel with "God" and "I am", both which lay emphasis on his supremacy.

  John C. Wilking

John Wilking <jcwilking at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Sorry I didn't put the "Subject" in the last posting.

  I found three times in which  ANI occurs twice:
  ANI ANI HU, Deut. 32:39
  ANI ANI DVRTI, Isa. 48:15
  ANI ANI ATROF, Hos. 5:14

  once with ANOKI:
  ANOKI ANOKI HU, Isa. 43:25

  These seem to be simple intensifiers.  Would it be strange to think of  AHYH...AHYH as intensive in nature?

  John C. Wilking

John Wilking <jcwilking at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Is it possible to see more semantic similarities between AHYH in Exodus 3:14 and ANI in Isaiah 47:8,10 other than that both are translated as EGW EIMI and "I am?" Does ANI ever occur twice like ANOKI(Sp?)...ANI?

John C. Wilking