[b-hebrew] The meaning of "the blood of Jezreel" in Hosea 1:4‏ (correction)

Leonard Jayawardena leonardj at live.com
Wed Aug 6 04:54:56 EDT 2008

I write to make a correction to my post of today. The first "the blood of Jezreel" in the following sentence in the second paragraph: "Let me rephrase my question this way: If I said that the usage of the expression "the blood of Jezreel" in the Hebrew OT requires or at least strongly supports understanding "Jezreel" in "the blood of Jezreel" as a possessive genitive--I have given details of the basis for this view in the earlier post--how would a Hebrew scholar respond to that?"  should be amended to "the blood of ...," so that the full sentence reads: "Let me rephrase my question this way: If I said that the usage of the expression "the blood of ..." in the Hebrew OT requires or at least strongly supports understanding "Jezreel" in "the blood of Jezreel" as a possessive genitive--I have given details of the basis for this view in the earlier post--how would a Hebrew scholar respond to that?"