[b-hebrew] Genesis 20: 1

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Oct 18 17:39:46 EDT 2007

Jim,

It is difficult for me to agree with you but it is indeed well nigh
possible that the whole thing was premeditated. The venerable Abraham
conspired to become Pharaoh's brother in law and gain thereby power,
safety, and material remuneration. He used his wife to trap the
mightiest man on earth! Still, it was all predicated on Sarah being
such an exceptional beauty [or may be God blinded the Egyptians as to
her wrinkles, etc. etc.].
Eventually the king contracted from her some virulent germs [Nordic
flu?] and he let them go.

Isaac Fried, Boston University