[b-hebrew] Was Sarah a blonde Viking sex goddess? (was Genesis 20:1)

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Oct 18 07:52:34 EDT 2007

James,

Abimelech, his pompous name not withstanding, was a mere speck upon
the dusty horizon of southern Israel. But the first Hebrew couple had
a similarly harrowing experience upon entering Egypt---the America of
the ancient world [Genesis 12:11-20]. Her beauty was such that as
soon as they crossed the border into the land she was spotted by the
national Egyptian GSA [girl spotting agency] who wrote [all in neat
little pictures] such a glowing report about her that the mighty
Pharaoh himself could not wait to accept her in his chambers. Just
Sarah of all the millions of good looking Egyptian girls!
Do you deem it plausible that LABAN HA-)ARAMI was the blondy of Aram?

Isaac Fried, Boston University