[b-hebrew] 2Ki 2:14

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:34:49 EDT 2007

Bryan:

On 9/30/07, B. M. Rocine <brocine at twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> B-Haveray,
>
> What is the significance of 'aph hu'?

I don't think there is any real significance. I read the text as
follows (in translation) "and he said, where is YHWH Elijah's God,
even he." This is just an emphatic as far as I can tell, not
significantly changing the meaning.

> ...  Did Elisha strike the Jordan once
> or twice?

Interesting question. In the narration, first it is mentioned that he
struck the water, second that he makes the statement above, third a
second mention of striking the water. While the text does not
specifically mention that this was striking the water a second time,
the narrative sequence implies twice.

> Thank you.
>
> Blessings,
> Bryan