[b-hebrew] (no subject)

Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com
Mon May 28 12:27:14 EDT 2007

Gary,

The text reads:

בַּחֹדֶשׁ הַשְּׁלִישִׁי לְצֵאת בְּנֵי־יִשְׂרָאֵל מֵאֶרֶץ מִצְרָיִם
בַּיּוֹם הַזֶּה בָּאוּ מִדְבַּר סִינָי
BXD$ H$LY$Y LC)T BNY-Y&R)L M)RC MCRYM BYWM HZH B)W MDBR SYNY

"In the third month of the Israelites' coming out of Egypt, on that
very day, they came unto the wilderness of Sinai."

It is the exact day that completed three months since their leaving
Egypt. It has nothing to do with a new moon. Remember that חודש XWD$
can mean "new moon" or "month." In this context is just means that it
was the exact day that completed three months. It has nothing to do
with the phase of the moon.

Yours,

Jason Hare
Joplin, MO > Ra'anana (Israel)