[b-hebrew] Taw added to Verbs

Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:45:17 EDT 2007

Isaac,

John is obviously struggling with Hebrew grammar if he doesn't know
that the tav prefix is an agreement with the feminine singular third
person. Your analyses, as right as you claim they are and others who
support you, do nothing to help someone actually make the connection
between form and meaning. Shouldn't we be explaining to him (as some
are) that the masculine second person singular and feminine third
person singular have the same form in the imperfect (prefix) forms? I
don't think he needs to know all of the theorizing that goes on behind
the scense -- not at this point. He needs a good introduction to
grammar, and this will come through discovery and deduction, not from
theorizing beyond the apparent structure. Don't you agree?

Regards,
Jason Hare