[b-hebrew] Dinah raped?

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Jul 19 22:29:56 EDT 2007

Michael,

Don't forget that at that time Dinah was probably 10-12 years old. It
is also possible that $KEM the son of XAMOR was at that time much
older [in spite of the fact that he is referred to later as HA-NA
(AR], possibly already married to several wives and with a good
number of children. The bible says [Genesis 34:1] that he saw her,
took her, lay with her and tormented her, implying that he violated
her in some cruel, nasty and spiteful manner.

Isaac Fried, Boston University