[b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14

Harold Holmyard hholmyard3 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 15 17:35:33 EDT 2007

Dear Isaac,

> The whole point of Deuteronomy 22:13-21 is to calm down and shut up a
> mad husband [as in the case of a supposedly SOTAH] who does not know
> [or does not want to know] that some girls are born non virgins, that
> some girls need some medical intervention to facilitate their blood
> flow during menstruation which leads to virginity loss, and that a
> good number of girls loose their virginity by some common non sexual
> activities. So an old blood stained dress is produced, he is goodly
> thrashed, goodly fined, and made to stick with his wife for the rest
> of his miserable life for wishing her stoned. The rest of them
> husbands will learn their lesson: You want to divorce you wife just
> tell her to go home.

HH: Did you read the entire passage? The woman found not to have been a
virgin at marriage was to be stoned to death. This law is dealing with
several issues. But it shows that God puts a premium on sexual purity,
and that he expected it of the women in Israel before marriage.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard