[b-hebrew] Tiny tablet provides proof for Old Testament

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sat Jul 14 18:27:20 EDT 2007

Since this tablet came to light, posters on this and other lists have
commented that at very least, it gives us the proper reading of the list of
names in the verse:

Nergal-Sharezer (the) Samgar, Nebo-Sarsechim (the) Rab-Saris, Nergalsharezer
(the) Rab-mag.

The words "Samgar", "Rab-Saris" and "Rab-mag" are probably titles, hence the
(the)'s.

Yigal