[b-hebrew] 2Ki 2:10

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 20:22:41 EST 2007

Peter:

I just did a spot check of names ending with a waw ayin as how they
were transliterated in the LXX: some of the names expressed the
furtive patach (though not always with a patach) and others did not.
The same with names ending with a waw chet. Without checking further,
I suspect the same with the other letters that take the furtive
patach.

Seeing as the Egyptian pronunciation of Hebrew was already changed
from Biblical, it is hard to say if the furtive patach was added, or
subtracted from Biblical pronunciation.

Karl W. Randolph.