[b-hebrew] paronomasia and/or Pentateuchal sources in Kings

RUSSELLGMIRKIN at aol.com RUSSELLGMIRKIN at aol.com
Sat Feb 17 20:19:17 EST 2007

Can anyone recommend studies that discuss paronomasia (puns) in 1/2  Kings?
I am particularly interested in identifying source materials in  Kings that
use this literary device.  I imagine, for instance, that the  Tales of the
Prophets would include more of this than excerpts from the Royal  Chronicles or the
heavily Deuteronomistic materials.  I already have N.  Levine, ‘Twice  as
Much of Your Spirit: Pattern, Parallel and Paronomasia in the Miracles of  Elijah
and Elisha" , JSOT 85: 25-46.

On a related note, can anyone recommend studies that identify
intertextuality of Kings and the Pentateuch broken down by DH sources  (JEDP)?

Thanks,
Russell Gmirkin