[b-hebrew] Signing posts

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Fri Dec 21 03:29:45 EST 2007

Dear John,

As you well know, membership in this list is not limited to those with
academic (or other) credentials. This list is open to anyone who is
interested in learning and discussing a wide range of issues pertaining to
the language of the Hebrew Bible. A basic precondition for such a discussion
is that of open-ness and non-obscurity. For this purpose, it is important
that each participant know whom it is that he or she is discussing with or
learning from. At the very least, knowing the name of the person which whom
one is conversing makes the conversation all that more pleasant. For this
reason, all posters are required to sign their posts.

Yigal Levin

p.s. Since your name is in your email identifier,  would have probably let
your "infraction" slide without comment, but since the post to which you
were replying was totally anonymous, I felt in necessary to butt in.

/