[b-hebrew] The Name "Simeon"

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri Dec 7 11:09:37 EST 2007

Jim,

Do you see a connection between GAD of Genesis 30:11 and that of
Isaiah 65:11? Also between A$ER of Genesis 30:13 and the A$ERAH of
Deuteronomy 16:21?
Do you think that Leah called her first born son R)UBEN for "look, a
boy, my troubles are over, my husband will really love me now". Or
LEVI for "now my husband will accompany me"?
Recall also that Rachel stole the household TRAPIM.

Isaac Fried, Boston University