[b-hebrew] Book of Judith

Søren Holst sh at teol.ku.dk
Sun Dec 2 16:01:47 EST 2007

Er, could it be that Pere assumes Judith must be *originally* written in Hebrew?

I don't think this is supposed to be the case, and certainly a Hebrew original is not extant.

That could be one reason (as suggested by someone a bit earlier) that it was left out of the canon (although we don't know the exact criteria used to decide what went in and what was left out).

kol tuv
Soren