[b-hebrew] (no subject)

JAMES CHRISTIAN READ JCR128 at student.anglia.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 15:55:41 EDT 2007

JCR: Hi,
What do you think about the idea that matres lectiones
were considered to be consonants? Maybe some people
genuinely heard a 'Y' at the end of a long 'I' and a
'W' at the end of long 'U' or 'O'. I know I certainly
do.

YS: Dear James,

I am still working on a response to your post on the
unpointed vowels discussion.

JCR: No rush.

YS: PS.  Why do you always have a long column
of newlines at the end of each message?

JCR: There's a bug in the uni web mail client which
makes text annoyingly repeat. The only way I can make
it clear where the intended end of my text is, is to
put lots of blank lines at the end of my messages. I
should be transferring to another institution soon
enough, so hopefully they won't have the same buggy
software.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew       -  thesis1: concept driven machine translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc  -  thesis2: language acquisition simulation