[b-hebrew] Hebrew NT Delitzsch

Dr Raoul Comninos capechurch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 01:35:36 EDT 2007

This remains the most significant translation of the NT into Hebrew,
despite its age. My own view is that one should not allow the age of a
work to detract from its significance. I noted with interest in his
commentary on Isaiah, that Brevard Childs frequently makes mention of
Delitzsch, remarking on more than one occasion that he alone
understood the critical issues. There is no doubt in my mind that
Delitzsch is among the scholarly giants of yesteryear. The truth is
that we seldom see scholars like this today, and although their tools
may be older than ours, their acumen and critical awareness is
unparalleled.