[b-hebrew] labo' lepaney and Gen 6:13

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Sun Apr 22 02:58:12 EDT 2007

Dear Karl and Bryan,

Ps 79:11 are the cries/groanings (whether spoken or non-spoken makes no
difference) of condemned prisoners for "mercy (implied) before God by the
one who is interceding their behalf,"  while Ps 88:2 is the cry of one who
is pleading in prayer for help by the petitioner himself. Now, would not the
poetic genre allow for a slight looser grammatical structure to come into
play here?

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III