[b-hebrew] Psalm 149:7 - Leningrad Codex Varient: Bal-Umim

Brak Brak at neo.rr.com
Sat Apr 21 22:55:09 EDT 2007

  Sorry about the missing alephs. I thought I had typed them.

I was wondering of the word )UM.IYM was related to the word "mother".

Now you state that L:)OM and I would assume you would also include the
words in question )UM.IYM  and  L:)UM.IYM is most likely not related to
)UM.IYM and )UM.FH
I was wondering why you think that. To my limited knowledge it would
appear that )UM.IYM was the basis for L:)UM.IYM and that in fact
L:)UM.IYM should be morphed as L:/)UM.IYM to mean "to people" or "for
people"? Or would it be some grammar thing in which the L: is doing
something to the word instead of adding "to"?

Also, I checked in the Aleppo Codex and it has BAL:)UM.IYM so I am
wondering is the LC the only one with this variant.

B"H
John Steven

"If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you
behave."
-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.