Vadim Cherny VadimCherny at mail.ru
Thu Sep 28 02:09:19 EDT 2006

Hmmm, in mathematics we don't call 40% "irregular," but admit an absense of
correlation.
I discuss at http://vadimcherny.org/hebrew/affix_hey_direction.htm and
http://vadimcherny.org/hebrew/affixes.htm the most common difference
between -ot and -im.
-im relates countable, -ot - uncountable plurality. There is no particular
reason for noun and adjective, or both members of constructus to have the
same concept of plurality.

Vadim Cherny