[b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 22 21:26:09 EDT 2006

> From: Shoshanna Walker Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:39 PM
>
> See the entire chapter with Rashi's commentary here
>
> http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=16492&showrashi=true

[Steve Miller] Thank you, Shoshanna. This is a nice website, and I have
bookmarked it. Rashi's commentary on Dan. 9 is very intelligent until he
comes to the 70 weeks, and then it makes little sense.

I can see why you didn't give it here concisely because it doesn't make
sense. The problems with it are too numerous and obvious for me to even
spend time to comment on.
If you state concisely: when did the 70 weeks start and end? What and when
is the word to rebuild Jerusalem? What are the 49 weeks? The 62 weeks? Who
is maschiach in v26? Then I will point out the problems.

If you know the person who maintains the site, tell him that he has a gross
mistake in the commentary on v24. "Seven" weeks should be "Seventy" weeks.

Have a blessed new year,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info