[b-hebrew] Psalm 22 Translation Help

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 21:13:17 EDT 2006

John:

On your first question, there was a discussion a while back on this
list, in which the verb K)R was referenced as meaning 'to distort,
mangle' and there is at least one manuscript known where it ends in a
waw for the third person plural. From a medical point of view, nails
going through the nerves of the wrists and ankles distort the hands
into claws, also the feet.

On your second question, the root meaning of YXYDH has the idea of
being together with, hence this refers those who are with me, 'my
association'.

The third question I'll leave for someone else to answer (i.e. I don't
know how to answer it). Do consider that there are more than one root
that are presently grouped under (NH, the one most commonly used being
'to answer' and the next 'to humble or humiliate' and a possible third
root of uncertain meaning.

Karl W. Randolph.