[b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest-angels

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Sep 12 13:47:21 EDT 2006

He's just always doing his job.

The proverbs you cite clearly relate to man, not angels.

Because angels do not have free will and were not given the Torah and
613 mitzvot.

And the serpent in Genesis, the consensus of our commentators is that
it was a real serpent, they just differ as to who he represents - the
Angel of Death, or Satan.  At any rate he did the same thing -
enticed Chava to disobey G-d.

Shoshanna

HH: If he's just doing his job, then God wants him to lie (Genesis 3).
But that's false because God hates lies:

Prov. 6:16 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are
detestable to him:
Prov. 6:17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
Prov. 6:18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to
rush into evil,
Prov. 6:19 a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up
dissension among brothers.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard